Thursday 13 July 2017

Why Do I Need To Order Prescriptions Online?

Order Prescriptions Online

The online prescription service initiated by the NHS is specially designed to save you time and money.

By ordering prescriptions online, you are allowing yourself, a GP and a pharmacist to manage your repeat prescription in a timely and efficient manner.


Why should I order prescriptions online?


Imagine you have realised that your repeat prescription is due for renewal. What you will think? In your head, you are planning to visit your GP to collect your prescription.

You will think – how long it will take for the pharmacist to dispense my medicine? How much time it will take for me to wait in the store to pick up my medicine?

How many visits I have to pay to the pharmacy as my medicine is out of stock? Who will look after my kids, or pets while making these trips to my GP and pharmacy? How long would be the queue at my GP’s clinic and at my local pharmacy?

On the other hand, here is how the same process will work when you order prescriptions online:

By allowing your GP to send prescription electronically to your pharmacy, it saves you the hassled of making unnecessary round trips to collect your paper prescription.

The online pharmacy that offers the online prescription service and free home delivery will further save you the hassle of planning ahead to wait and collect your prescription medicine from a local pharmacy.

Furthermore, you provide sufficient time to your pharmacist to dispense your medicine. Remember, you must allow at least 48 hours to the pharmacy to process your prescription. Therefore, it is always recommenced to order prescriptions online a week before you are nearing the end of your current supply.

Ordering your prescription in good time is always the best way of improving your chances of getting medicine in time.